Sunday 24 February 2013

Harem Panting and wOrKsHoPpinG

 I'd be lying to you I said I didn't love a good harem pant.
So, when my friend T turned up with these
 before our our sewing bee together on Saturday I was pretty chuffed.
Got to it straight away and styled them with a sensible black jacket and
a couple of Flora-One-of-a-Kinds.
 Not sure where their 100% rayon, silky, paisley goodness
will take me, but I'll let you know.
 T and I spent the day crafting eco-bags out of painted canvasses.
Trialing a project for the workers.
We loved it, anyway.
 Here's T's lovely posture at the Janome.
She's also in the harem pant uniform.
 One of the workers painted this giraffe.
I loved it.
 Here's the canvasses laid bare.



 This field of poppies gets my People's Choice Award.
 I stitched a bit of mane hairiness on that said giraffe.

 T's jumbo surrealist eco-shopper was the bag o' the day.

 Blew a bit of dust out of the 35 year old Bernina.
Got stuck into mane stitching for Leo.
 And got carried away trying to interpret a stitched Flora on this painted portrait.
 This is a section of T's red surrealist peacock, as below.
On her large eco-bag.
Could scare a few shoppers out of the checkout queues.
 Fun and free therapy! Thanks, T!
Highly recommended. Do have anything you can make into something?
Need advice? Let us know!
 
 


 Pooped now.
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Super, love these ideas!! Harem pants are relaxing, I wear them when I'm vegging in my house :))) I hope you have a super week doll xxx

    ReplyDelete