Monday 20 May 2013

Painted and Not Much Else

 Click away now if you are sick to death of me going on about
how happy I am with the paint-job.
 It's white, people.


And I've had a good cull.
Thanks to the painter saying to me each morning, 'Yes, now's
the time for a good throw-out'.
 The House of Flora's atelier has never looked better.
 Before:
After:
I got up early today because I went to bed early to escape the fumes.
Cause and effect.
Saw this scene on awakening.
That proboscis's still growing.
 The sunrise was lovely.
Before:
After:
 Mr Fascinata brought the household these cushions, by proxy,
while he was away on a Golf trip.
He's in tune. 
 Colour-coding the book-shelf's back on the 'To-do' list.
The rainbow translation got lost in the pre-paint shove and stash.
 This old painted metal 1950s tinware tray emerged from the heights of
the top of the kitchen cupboards.
I couldn't bear to put it in the St Vinnies box.
It was a little gift from Starr's mother yonks ago.
 I'm setting up a vignette with my Ossie Clark vintage
panty-hose, who would have thought?
Lovely Bea from Dangerous Liaisons blogspot sent them to me.
All the way from the United Kingdom.
 
On a different note, aren't paint colours named strangely at times.
Would you name a paint colour this?
Self Destruct? Wonder how many people do,
during renovations?
Stay centred on the job, now.
 
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. The room looks wonderful...and it's good to clear out and organize as well. I think it looks marvellous. Gorgeous cushions, I like those :)) Bless the dog at the end, so sweet. I hope you have a super week doll xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pictures and nice blog! :)

    Would you like to follow each other? :)
    fantasyfashioned.blogspot.de
    xoxo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fabulous job! It looks really good. Keep it up! HaHa, I love those poodles.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful room!! I love the cushions!!!
    Have a good week, dear!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. How inspiring is the sky in those pics!! I'm imprressed!!
    Follow me on http://laviecestchic.blogspot.it
    xx

    ReplyDelete