Saturday 28 September 2013

Inside Out: the Pompidou Centre + Chanel+ French Bulldog Cafe

 The art's good, the restaurant Georges is lovely;
but there is no greater architectural nonsense in my mind's eye
than Centre Georges Pompidou, in the 4th arrondissement, near Les Halles and the Marais.
All amenities and services are on the outside.
In the style of high-tech architecture.

 Take the outside lift up to Georges for dinner.

 For a quick bird's eye view of Paris.

 Make your way along an external passage.
On level 6.
 There's always a long-stemmed rose on every table.
What is not to love?




 Meanwhile, S is still planning her next Show.
 I like to 'supervise' her preliminaries.



 Took a walk down to rue Cambon.
Passed the most fanciful jewellery I had seen in a while.
But, none today, thanks.
 There's that column thingy. Place Vendome.

 I wore Monsieur Legeron's beautiful camellia.
And frankly, If Chanel aren't already buying from him; I think
they will be soon. You heard it hear first.
 Hello, lovely legs.

 I've had to settle for this surrealist style image.
An unexpected photo-montage of the highest quality, because
Chanel do not allow photographs and my time standing still on a pavement 
is limited to about 5 seconds when I am on tour with Mr Fascinata.



 As if that's not enough, the afternoon found the French Bulldog Café!
A nod to the dog of the year!
 Le Bouledogue.
Just around the corner from the apartment in the Marais!



3 comments:

  1. Wow great post!!! beautiful photos!! I love the Pompidou Center!!!
    Have a good week! and my g+ for you!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Chanel window display! Wow the architecture for that building is really unique.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete